tisdag 25 september 2012

Future Endeavours

Once you know where you want to go; and know where you stand. All that is left is the journey.
Where do i find myself in a few years?

Am i going to be on my way to realize my dream or simply be stuck at some crummy 09 - 17 ("nine to five") job? Do i even know the road which i want to take?

Since my major interest in game design comes from story-telling and/or integration of story into games i would very much enjoy working for, or collaborating with the corprate giants that roam those territories.
I am refering to four in specific. These four being "Bioware", "Bethesda", "Blizzard" and "Firaxis".

My success in gaining employment for one (or more) of said companies will have to rely heavily on my ability to pitch my portfolio, and/or any internship or work samples i can deliver.

What we have here is a classic catch-22 scenario; whereas i have no experience to appear attractive (at the moment), but because i can't appear attractive, i cannot get experience.

Hopefully i am able to land a sweet position in either design or programming as those are within my primary capabilities; However i would believe that someone with my personality traits would do his/her best work at a administrative position. However, such deduction can only be enforced by previous co-workers.

The knowledge being offered at the Gotland University, mixed with self-studies and project-work constructs a framework for a broad set of skills; Potentially this can be used to help "boost" existing projects with some new insight and/or observations; but can also assist in establishing the risk/reward when hiring me unto a more permanent position within a company.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar